LAST UPDATED: Vancouver, June 21, 2020
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States and Canada.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
Information You Give Us:
- Email address
- Phone/Fax numbers
- Shipping address (If applicable)
- Credit card number (for orders only)
- Expiration date of credit card
- Other information you provide to create an account, purchase or ship an item, or correspondence sent to us.
At registration, you are given the opportunity to specify your communication preferences. You may change these preferences at any time. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways, we may store your responses on demographics and information about subjects that may interest you.
How does TEALEAVES use information about you?
Process and manage your orders, purchase and use of TEALEAVES products and services, including your accounts and program participation; inform as to order status, order questions, and product updates.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites without reference to any identifiable personal information, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- Serve retargeted ads to you based on your behavior on TEALEAVES.com, of which you have the ability to opt-out.
- Communicate with you about your orders, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest you have entered, and your requests for information.
- If you opt-in to receive such information, communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference in My Account or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
TEALEAVES shares your personal information in limited ways. We may share personal information about you with others with your consent.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States and Canada. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (such as encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. We share customer information as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and provide services to us. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending marketing e-mails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Please note that your personal information may be stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States differ from those in Canada. By providing Tealeaves with your personal information, you consent to the collection, transfer and processing of your personal information to and from both the United States and Canada and agree that your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts or law enforcement in the United States according to the laws of the United States.
If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- When you are visiting TEALEAVES.com, third parties may place cookies on your browser for personalized advertising purposes.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Your password is the key to your account. Kindly use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your TEALEAVES password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, note that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify TEALEAVES and change your password.
What choices does TEALEAVES offer about personal information?
We offer choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. To protect the security and integrity of your information, we will also verify your identify before granting access or making corrections. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Log in to your TEALEAVES.com account, if you have one, and visit the profile management section to manage your contact information (phone number, email and postal address) preferences and to update your personal information.
- Call 1-888-291-8327
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Opting Out of Retargeted Ads
- To opt-out of Xandr targeted advertising, please click here. Please note that this function depends on the browser being used and an “opt-out” cookie. Therefore, if you delete your cookies or update your browser following your opting-out ,the opt-out process will have to be repeated.
Mobile devices:To opt-out of receiving retargeting ads on your mobile device, follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
iOS 7 or Higher:Go to your setting > Privacy > Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher:Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of ads personalization”
How secure is information about me?
We work to protect the security of your information and maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer.
Are children allowed to use TEALEAVES.com?
Our Sites are general audience sites that are not designed nor intended to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. To respect the privacy of children, children under the age of 13 should not provide any Personal Information on the Sites. We ask that parents supervise their children while online. TEALEAVES.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use TEALEAVES.com sites only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
TEALEAVES Customer Relations can be contacted online, by phone at 1-888-291-8327 or by postal mail at Qi Botanical Tea (Canada) Ltd., dba Tealeaves, Attn: Legal – Privacy Practices, PO Box 27537 Oakridge Postal Outlet, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4M4.