As the liquid boils in the lower chamber, it siphons up and infuses with the flavor and aromas of the ingredients in the top chamber. The entire process takes about five minutes, and once the chambers are removed from the heat source, the infused liquid will work its way back down to the lower chamber, ready to be served.
Rapid Infusion with a Vacuum Siphon
200 Millilitres Queensborough Gin
- 25 Grams TEALEAVES Lemon Verbena Blend
- Using a vacuum siphon, boil the liquid until it rises to the top chamber.
- Place the lemon verbena tea inside, and place the lid on top.
- Let is infuse for a few minutes.
- Remove the siphon from the heat. The liquid will move back to the bottom chamber.
- Chill slightly by rubbing ice against the bottom chamber.
- Remove the infusion and make a Queensborough Gin Fizz!