1 Tablespoon Tealeaves Tencha Matcha (Master Blend No. 5005)
- 2/3 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Honey
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- Combine matcha and sugar until mixture is smooth.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and flavoured sugar. Add honey and whip until the mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Sift together flour, salt and baking power in bowl.
- Add flour to above egg mixture and mix low until blended together.
- Slowly stir in melted butter.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator (minimum 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 ºC.
- Grease madeleine mold with butter and dust with flour.
- Fill madeleine molds with 1 tablespoon of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven. Remove madeleines from madeleine tray.
- Best savored warm with a cup of tea or a warm friend or both. Either way, enjoy!