The eve of 2015 is sure to be an affair to remember, and what better way to celebrate than to infuse your evening with the essence of Times Square and TEALEAVES Lavender Earl Grey.
Bursting with opulence, An English Affair is bound to become your New Year’s Eve drink of choice. While the ball drops in Times Square, you can drop a grapefruit twist into your English Affair and raise your glass in celebration of 2014 and fervent anticipation for 2015.
An English Affair
2 dashesOrange Bitters
2 spoonsLavender Earl Grey Syrup (see recipe below)
2 oz.Lavender Earl Grey Plymouth Gin (See Recipe Below)
- Chill your glass with ice then swirl the glass with 1/2 oz. absinthe.
- In Mixing Glass:
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- 2 spoons of sweet Lavender Earl Grey syrup
- 2 oz. of Lavender Earl Grey infused Plymouth Gin
- Add ice and swirl to chill throughout
In Sipping Glass:
- Swirl away absinthe
- Strain & pour into prepped glass
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist
Lavender Earl Grey Syrup
4 g. TEALEAVES Lavender Earl Grey Loose Leaf Tea
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 1/2 Granulated Sugar
- Add 4 g. of Tealeaves Loose Tea per 2 cups (16 oz.) of boiling water.
Steep 24 to 48 hours – the longer the steep, the stronger the infusion.
Strain the Loose Tea out using a strainer.
Add 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, stir until dissolved over heated pan.
Lavender Earl Grey Infused Plymouth Gin
- 100g TEALEAVES Lavender Earl Grey
- 750 mL. Gin
- Steep 24 to 48 hours.
Strain the tea out using a strainer.