Created at the H Tasting Lounge by Mixologists Chiara Fung and Andrew Kong. Notes from the Mixologists on the cocktail:
“5 Centimeters A Second is a light and floral sour. Smooth, pleasant and relaxing, like taking a stroll outside to view the Cherry Blossoms at that special time of year.”
5 Centimeters A Second
- 2 oz. Pisco
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz. TEALEAVES Cherry Blossom Green Tea Syrup
- Dash Foamer
- For Garnish Peychuad's Bitters
- Pour all ingredients into shaker tin, add ice and hard shake for 10-12 seconds.
- Strain into short coup.
- Drop 3-4 drops of Peychuad's Bitters on top, and draw blossoms atop foam using toothpick.
TEALEAVES Cherry Blossom Tea Syrup
1 tsp. TEALEAVES Cherry Blossom green tea
4 oz. Fresh water
1 cup Sugar
- Steep tea for 5-10 minutes to make a strong infusion.
- Combine infusion and sugar in a pot, and heat until boiled, stirring throughout so that the sugar dissolves evenly.
- Chill until cool.